Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oh hey! It's 'mee!!




I doooo exist!



















Haruka! 





















Sonoko being sneaky after adding wasabi sauce to my dish(!)












haha I love her.



She reads palms!















































These are all from my first night out in Tokyooo (on Friday)!! We met up with some of the girls from work in Shibuya and went to this amaaaazing restaurant that had all these nooks and crannies and little rooms to eat in! It's so interesting here because instead of the waiter/waitress checking up on you, there is a little buzzer at each table that you press when you are ready to order! It's probably really obnoxious for the waiter but really convenient for the diner :) 


We all shared a bunch of dishes including 'mizutaki' which is basically a chicken and vegetable stew that is cooked right on the table by you! Also, the wine here is made with plums instead of grapes and is soso delish and tastes almost like candy (dangerr).




My first taste of sushi (the real deal!) on Friday for lunch! Living in NYC, you'd think I would have already tried it..hmm. I also tried octopus and even though I had to close my eyes before eating it, it was actually pretty good! 


Ohh yes and I made sure to get more pics of myself because I've been getting requests (Hi, Mom) / complaints (Hi, Babes) soo here I am!




1 comment:

  1. Ok, I admit it...I went through a bit of withdrawals...glad to see YOU, 'MEE!!!! Great pix, outfits and fun friends!! What more can a gal ask for??? Proud of your bravery with the octopus!! Did the same thing when I first tried it(Decided I'm more of a spicy tuna fan) Careful with the "candy"! xo

    ReplyDelete